Tuesday 19 February 2013

Another Reflection

Time seems to be whipping on by, leaving me stunned. It has already been two weeks since I have began reading "The Three Day Road" by Joseph Boyden and much has developed in these two weeks. I have learned a lot about the deep conflict involving war and even it's after effects. Such instances being: PTSD's as well as drug abuse. The book explores the mental dilemma of war, in both during the war and after. People are put in a position where if they don't kill, then they are killed themselves, a Darwinian system. With each page, my feeling of honor and respect grows for the people who fight in the war zone for it is them that allow the people back at home to be safe. Although much education is giving on the topic of war, I sometimes feel that war heroes aren't given the respect they deserve. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment